- Harold Wherry: Electric guitar and nylon string acoustic guitar… has worked with Bobby Day (writer of Rockin’ Robin, Little Bitty Pretty One, Over & Over); with Bobby and the Famous Coasters, with a Marvelettes Revue band to name a few. Harold learned to play rhythm and lead guitar by playing along with early Motown, Stax, and Atlantic 45’s and albums by the Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Sam & Dave, Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding, Booker T. & The M.G.’s, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Minnie Riperton, and Chaka Khan.
- Chevone Shampine: Vocals… Born and raised in Los Angeles California, Chevone is an R&B soul artist that was groomed in music by a family full of musicians and vocalists. Over the years Chevone has established herself as a live vocalist and performer, in various cities in California. Like many Vocalist she got her start in the church choir where she was trained as a soprano with 5 octaves.
- Jeff Robinson: Vocals… Originally from New York, Jeff now resides in Los Angeles. He is a household name in many soul, r&b and jazz circles, having performed at the Playboy Jazz Festival, and in many of the best venues on the west coast. Jeff’s hypnotic blend of Motown, R&B and Soul evokes memories of Marvin Gaye, Al Green, David Ruffin, and Sam Cooke.
- Richard Moorings: Keyboards, Vocals and Trombone… formally with vocalist Tina Marie, has worked with The Four Tops, Billy Preston, The Sylvers, The Delfonics, Bobby and the Famous Coasters, with a Marvelettes Revue and with the funk/R&B group L.T.D., to name a few!
- Eric Ward: 4 and 5 string Electric Bass Guitar… A veteran of the Baltimore Maryland music scene, Eric played bass all through high school where he worked in a local Motown & R&B band. Eric’s professional experience includes performing and recording with the late Marvin Gaye. As a matter of fact, you can hear him playing with Marvin Gaye on “Got to Give it Up” one of Marvin’s top hit songs. Eric is well versed in the styles of Motown, R&B, Soul, Funk, Jazz and Blues music.
- Jason Carpenter: Drums and vocals… Playing drums in the church since the tender age of 8, and being a graduate of Berklee College of music, Jason has been around a wide variety of music and is now taking rock and roll under his belt. “I’m so fortunate that my first rock experience is playing with the legendary Edgar Winter”. “I’m flying by the seat of my pants, learning a lot, and LOVING IT!!!!” Jason has also been on many Disney and Fox shows, as well as performing with artists such as Andre Crouch, Kim Burell, John P Kee, Neena Freelon, Wyclef Jean, Busta Rhymes, Solange Knowles, and Roscoe Umali, to name a few.
- Tim Anderson: Tenor Sax and vocals… Tim has performed Motown Soul R&B and Jazz all over Los Angeles and has toured Japan. His contemporary sound mixed with Motown, Soul, R&B, & Funk sax style has a presence that excites all audiences.
- Tyrone Griffin: Trumpet, Flugelhorn and vocals… Tyrone Griffin Sr. grew up in West Los Angeles where he studied music under the directive of Donald DeSimon and Mr. E. Larocka. Ty graduated and studied with Ed Jackson and David E. Sears. He later began employment with A&M Records where he took a job as a recording engineer. He engineered on many outstanding projects, such as Joni Mitchell, Freddie Hubbard, Quincy Jones, The Brothers Johnson, Stanley Clark, and Minnie Riperton. Ty later went on the road with The Brothers Johnson where Ty was a Trumpet player and background Vocalist for the phenomenal group. After touring with The Brothers Johnson, Ty toured with Evelyn Champagne King as her keyboard player. He later joined the sensational group Lakeside as a keyboard player and vocalist. He toured the world with Lakeside for five years. While, touring with Lakeside, Ty recorded sessions with Rick James, Teena Marie, Jermaine Stewart, Richard Tee, Eric Benet, Snoop Dogg, 2pac, Jon B, Dr. Dre, The Dogg Pound, Immature, Brandy, DJ Quick, The Gap Band, Penny Ford, Philip Bailey, Pretty in Pink, Shanice Wilson and Boss Skank. Also, Ty entertained on various television shows, such as, Melrose Place, Vibe, The Keenen Ivory Wayans Show, Soul Train, Donnie and Marie, Howie Mandel, The Apollo, The Magic Hour, The View, BET, Sound Stage, Motown Live, Saturday Night Special and The Midnight Special which all proved to be a success. Ty has also toured with Raphael Saadiq, Teena Marie, and LTD. ….and the list goes on and on!
Thus far, Blue Breeze has acquired an impressive repertoire of performances for audiences from different walks of life from all over the world. To name a few, they have performed for former President Bill Clinton, the United States Armed Services in Okinawa, Japan, the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, the 50th Anniversary Tribute to Motown for the City of Culver City, and performed for 7,500+ Auburn University fans at the 2014 BCS National Championship pregame Tailgate Party at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena California.
The Blue Breeze Band is an Award Winning premier Dance Party band that specializes in classic Top-40 Motown, R&B, Soul, Funk, (90’s Hip Hop) and Jazz & Blues music. We have been “A Name People Can Trust” for over 12 years! We offer you the finest Wedding & Special Event Entertainment in southern & central California!
Our music is Lively, Energetic and Fun and guaranteed to have you and your guests dancing all night long.
We will provide you with a Concert Quality performance for your Special Event!